Click for large image

2113.095.005.jpg

2113.095.005.JPG

Fairview School

When this schoolhouse was in use a woodburning stove was at the center of the building to provide heat. A shelf was arranged along the outside wall to be used by the students as a desk. Standing facing the wall meant the teacher could always monitor them. This school was probably out of use by 1879 because it is not included in school records for that year.
Today this octagonal building stands adjacent to the Adams burial ground on Deans Road. As a school it was enclosed with a picket fence but now serves as a storage building of the Fairview Cemetery Association.